Project Assistant: 1 Job Vacancy
Employer: Oakville Chinese Network Society (OCN)
Job city: Oakville, Halton
Deadline: Friday, August 23, 2022 – 5:00pm
Job terms: Part-time contract, 9 months (September 2022 to April 2023)
Summary: The Oakville Chinese Network Society is a non-profit organization rooted in the Oakville Chinese community, run by a number of volunteers who are passionate about their work in social and public services. We aim at becoming the voice of the local Chinese community, promoting Chinese traditional culture and participating in various multicultural and social activities.
OCN is currently seeking 1 experienced individual to assist the project coordinator with managing all aspects of the “Resilient Communities” project.
The Project Assistants are expected to:
- Have a background in the field of education: teaching/training/coaching
- Demonstrate a previous experience working with children and youth and/or senior and women groups
- Assist in managing the project administration work such as design registration package, gather information, tabulate data, create participant attendance sheets, and track numbers
- Assist in Designing promotional materials and outreach by using Canva, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Reach out to project participants by e-mails, phone calls, and other social medias
- Organize three groups (senior, women, youth and children) weekly virtual and in person meetings or workshops, including registration, data tracking and reporting
- Supervise the project volunteers by using OCN’s volunteer management system.
- Work with the project volunteers and project coordinator to meet all project deliverables within time and budget
- Assist in obtaining evaluation feedback from the participants from qualitative and quantitative perspectives during all project life-time
- Comply with the organization’s rules and policies. Maintain a positive relationship with the project participants, workshop facilitators, volunteers and the OCN management team
- Attend project related meetings – either virtually or in person
- Other tasks may be assigned
Based on the COVID-19 Public Health and Government directives, the program will be delivered in a hybrid variant – both in person and online.
- Diploma in the field of education, project management, social service, or related field from a recognized college or institution
- A minimum of three years of project management and volunteering and/or community outreach experience with children and youth and/or women and senior groups.
- Experience in delivering online workshops on Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Googles Hangout, and other online meeting programs. Ability to share documents and operate these systems swiftly
- Experience in producing educational videos whenever is needed and share it during the online sessions
- Skilled in developing promotional materials and flyers on Canva, Photoshop, and Illustrator to announce for the program
- Strong ability to work within a multicultural environment, within an anti-oppression framework
- Fluency in reading, writing, listening, and speaking English is a must. Fluency in Chinese both verbal and written is a plus. Fluency in Cantonese is an asset.
- Proven understanding of community development concepts and practices
- Result oriented with excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and business etiquette. Able to work independently and as a team player; work effectively and in harmony with the project coordinator and other staff members
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office; online programs, and promotional materials designing software
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is a must
Working hours: 20-25 hours/week (including some evening and weekend hours)
Wage: $1600/month+4% vacation pay
Duration: 9 months (September 2022 to April 2023)
How to apply: Interested individuals are invited to apply by sending their resume and cover letter by 5:00 p.m. on August 23, 2022, to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Selected candidates will be asked to schedule the interviews on Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Hangout. Priority will be given to OCN long-term volunteer. No phone calls please- only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.